- Ranked among the top 2% scientists in the world by Elsevier BV and Stanford University in the field ‘Building & Construction’: https://lnkd.in/epTMrd_k. [Baas, Jeroen; Boyack, Kevin; Ioannidis, John P.A. (2021), “August 2021 data-update for "Updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators"”, Mendeley Data, V3, doi: 10.17632/btchxktzyw.3]
- Carlos Sousa Oliveira prize 2019 for the best journal paper in 2016-2019, with the article ‘The use of a large-scale seismic vulnerability assessment approach for masonry façade walls as an effective tool for evaluating, managing and mitigating seismic risk in historical centres.’ Portuguese Society of Earthquake Engineering. April 2019.
- International prize of Red Temática Conacyt for the best research thesis on Historic Centres with the MSc thesis (supervisor): ‘Multi-scale fire risk assessment and mitigation in urban areas: The old city centers of Guimarães and Quito as case studies.’ January 2019.
- Award for Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing. Award in recognition of the contributions made to de quality of the journal Engineering Structures, Elsevier. August 2017.
- Publons Peer Review Awards 2016. Sentinel Award for outstanding advocacy, innovation or contribution to scholarly peer review. Top 10% reviewer in Engineering. September 2016.
- Ordem dos Engenheiros award for the best internship of 2011. Portuguese Chamber of Engineers, 2011.